Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I guess this was bound to happen eventually

I've been running bad.  Real bad.  I'm never really one to complain as I'm still running about at expectation on the year, but this month has been pretty brutal.  I've stopped playing anything below 2/4 when enough games are available, which is really helping with the SNE grind, but it means the swings are larger and the runbad seems that much worse.  But enough about that, I hate seeing other people complain about this kind of stuff, so I won't bore anyone here with it.  (And if you are for some reason interested, I've included a lot of fun hands from just the last couple of days at the end of this post)

A week or so ago, someone made a post on 2+2 about a new Heads-Up Poker game, which supposedly brought some fun into the game.  The game is played exactly like a normal heads up match, with a few slight rules changes.

1)  The two players must be in the same room, as to see each other's faces, taunt each other, and generally just increase the overall animosity towards the opponent.

2) Heavy drinking is absolutely necessary.

3) Any time a pot is won with the following hands (72, 83, 94, T5, J6) and the winning player shows, the other player is forced to go all in the next hand, and the original player has the option of whether or not to call.  This creates so many interesting situations especially as the stacks get ridiculously deep and we have to decided just how far we're going to go to win a hand with a bounty attached.


Anyway, Pat and I gave the game a shot one morning, and decided to keep the stakes friendly and played 25c/50c HU.  Needless to say, things got ugly quick!  Nothing like running $2200 under EV at $50nl in the span of about an hour.



Yeahhhhhh, things didn't go to well there.  About 2/3rds of the way into the match I finally clawed back to winning for the first time, but I lost just about every single hand for the rest of the match, including multiple $2k bounty hands.  Lets just say alot of people on the rail were very confused at what was going on, and much fun was had.

Pat is actually the 6th biggest winner at 50nl online this month just due to this 400 hand session.

What else, what else...

The SNE grind is coming along, and I crossed the 600k VPP milestone a few days ago and currently sit a bit over 620k.  Current pace is somewhere around 740k VPP, so I'm well behind, but I think I should be able to make it relatively easily.  Starting today, I need exactly 4k VPP per day the rest of the year, and now that I'm playing midstakes entirely, it comes out to a bit over 6k hands per day or 5 hours.  My goal is to grind hard in October and November (Vegas and Barcelona trips might hurt here) and be done with a week or two left in the year and go out west for a ski trip.

Definitely looking forward to the Ryder Cup this weekend, as I didn't get a chance to make it out to East Lake to see any of the Tour Championship which I had planned on doing.

- NOOOOOOOOOO TILT

as promised here's some fun hands from the last 24 hours or so (sadface)






























And here's one just for fun... Guys like this are the reason the game will never die.



No comments:

Post a Comment