Monday, June 21, 2010

Miami

Summer started with a bang. I was coming off of my two best months ever at "work" and decided that I deserved some R&R. I had already planned a Caribbean cruise a few months prior, but it was still a week away; so, I decided to head down to Miami and stay with my cousin Josh. You might know Josh, hell you definitely know Josh. Look here's a picture:



Still not ringing a bell???  Ok fine how bout one more picture hint...


See, he's on the left there.  Yes, he was on Hell's Kitchen.  No, he didn't win.  Yes, he was repeatedly called a donkey and kicked out of the kitchen.  But hey, if I had to count all the times I've been called a donkey at work... well lets just say I'd be counting for a long time.

So anyway I spend a week down in Miami with Josh, and we go to the entire Braves/Marlins series.  It was a blast;  we pregamed each game in the parking lot before finally making our way inside and joining the other 130 fans who made it out each night.  I'm pretty sure the Braves won the series 2-1, but don't quote me on that.

Miami is an interesting place.  I'm definitely in the minority down there, given that I speak English, but that's cool.  I learned a lot of Spanish while down in Miami.  The only word that I remember, however, is medianoche.  Damn, that was a good sandwich.  Also, all the white Jewish kids have awesome Latin girlfriends.  I think I'm gonna move to Miami.

While down there, I had to pick up some jerseys for the upcoming World Cup.  Well I guess it's not upcoming now that it's already 10 days in.  But at the time, it was upcoming.  I drew Spain in my world cup pool (yes, I run hot) so we headed over to Sports Authority to get a Spain jersey.  I also drew Slovenia in the same pool (yes I was rooting for them against the US a few days ago).  The Spain jersey was easy enough to find.  It says RFDF which definitely stands for something, and my high school Spanish teacher would probably be dissapointed in me for not knowing.  Sorry Senora Saunders, we had a good run, but it's over now.  Unfortunately, when I asked the people at Sports Authority where they were holding the Slovenia jerseys, I was given strange looks and was pointed in the direction of the golf department.

The last night I was down in Miami, Josh's brother Matt came into town for a wedding.  The 3 of us, and Josh's girlfriend Monica all went out to a nice dinner, and then over to a bar for some drinks.  As per usual, I puked rather quickly.  Yep, that bathroom break I took after the carbombs wasn't a number 1 or number 2.

- Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment