Saturday, July 31, 2010

Getting Ready for August...

Well today is the last day of July, which means tomorrow is August.  This is definitely going to be an interesting month for me.  The goal is to play 300k hands and pick up close to a month on SNE pace as I fell nearly 2 months behind with the whole Vegas trip.  With any luck I can also make some money so I don't go busto and have to get a job at Publix.  Although that wouldn't be too bad I really like Publix.

Don't worry, I'll be writing a few more posts about Vegas when I get the chance, but I'm feeling the need to make this post so I'll be inspired to hit my goal next month, or something like that.

Atlanta has been kinda weird since I got back from Vegas.  My apartment has been without AC for about a month now, so we're pretty much getting free rent, and they take us out to dinner occasionally which is nice.

I ended up going out last night for the first time since I've gotten back and had a pretty good time.  Started the night at Chi Phi catching up with the guys, before Wild Will decided that the night had to end at a strip club.  Naturally I tried to hire a limo to take us around town and then drop us at Tattletales, but the they were out of limos (wtf, how do you run a limo service and not have enough limos to pick up a bunch of drunken idiots with paper to burn).  After the limo failed we tried a cab service, and after 10 minutes of holding we just gave up the dream and walked to Cheetah.

Apparently I got spoiled in Vegas because Cheetah sucked, although I did make some kids night.  It was his first time so I bought him some dances and such and now apparently I have a new friend.  After close we stumbled back to the tech area where I had to try out the new Georgia Tech Waffle House.  Wild Will and Nate were a bit too hammered to eat so they went home and I went in for some fine southern dining.  Highlights of the meal include having a long conversation with a drunken lady about bacon, and the two guys next to me telling me "Yes, were homos and we have sex with each other!"  Cool story bro.

Oh I also met up with Mike and TennePenne (who I'm still trying to convince to let me buy her name) for a few drinks as well as a couple other people who I'm forgetting.  I finally met the legendary Alfie, and the new dog ironically named August.

Where was I going with all of this???  Aw hell who knows, anyway I'm locking myself in my apartment for the entire month so you'll have to come visit me if you want Weinman time.

I'll leave you with my poker graph for August, the big uptick is the Venetian 5k main event, and the big downer at the end is my estimate of Vegas "expenditures"


- young danny boy

1 comment: