Friday, November 12, 2010

And down the stretch they come

Well, Zenyata lost the Breeder's cup, so much for perfection.  But that's not what this blog's gonna be about.  After today there are 49 days left in the year, and I'm at 792,000 VPP's.  I need 1,000,000 by the end of year to get there, and something pretty crazy would have to happen for me to not get there.  I have to average a bit over 4,000 a day which is only a bit more than 6,000 hands, or about 5 hours a day.

Speaking of something crazy happening, it almost did a few days ago.  I lost it and just started open shipping on every table for a few minutes.  Ended up blowing through about $5k, before some awesome regs got a hold of Zep who called me up and talked me off the ledge.  Thanks a lot to Marc, Klaaric, kaki, and Zep in no particular order.  There was actually some interesting aftermath to the whole ordeal.  Prahlad Friedman was at a bunch of the tables with me, and blew up at some of the regs in chat after I quit.  It sparked a pretty interesting discussion of whether or not to let someone play in that state, and while both sides have perfectly valid arguments, I definitely lean toward the side of not letting someone in that state dump their livelihood in a matter of minutes.

For the record, I was just completely stressed out, was running pretty bad at poker, and just hit a breaking point and decided I didn't want money any more.  Weird huh, that most people my age would do anything to have a bit more $$$ in their pockets, and here I was trying to give it all away.  I'll probably make a big post on this at the end of the year, but having seemingly unlimited money at a pretty young age is definitely a recipe for disaster if you don't balance it well.

Bleh, but enough about poker, it's the last thing I want to write or think about so we'll move on to more interesting topics.

My tennis season is coming to an end.  I ended up dropping out of my singles league as my shoulder is starting to flare up again, and I wanna save it for my doubles league.  That league actually ends tomorrow when we play for the city championships.  We have an insanely strong lineup, and definitely should be able to pull out a win.  I haven't lost all year in that league and don't plan on making the finals loss number 1.  It's gonna be a blast either way with tons of drinking and cheering, stuff that just never was a part of junior tennis.

I've also been playing a bit of golf.  My short game's an absolute mess, and is killing me, because everything else seems to be working right.  I shot 79 last week with 40 putts, which is just downright ridiculous.  The next day I got invited to play in a scramble by one of the alumni from my fraternity.  I had no idea what the outing was for until I got there, and ended up recognizing a ton of people.  It turned out to be a golf outing for ASHRAE which is short for something really long I don't feel like typing, but is basically a big society of engineers headquartered in Atlanta.  I had to join while at Georgia Tech, and the company I worked for in college was a big part of the group as well.

So anyway, I get the practice range, and see all of guys I worked with in college.  I had actually told most of them what I'd be doing when I got done with school (poker of course), so they were pretty interested to hear how that was going.  I may have left out a zero when they asked how much I was making though :) .   Back to the golf portion, we end up shooting 52 in a hilariously easy scramble where we were basically given 8 shots.  It was good enough to tie for first, but we lost a tiebreaker and had to settle for the silver.

Well, that's about all that's going on in my life at the current moment.  I'm getting ready to book a place in Tahoe for the first 3 months of next year with ryanmack, BLAABAR, and speedle, which should be an absolute blast.  After that I think I'll probably go and travel through Europe for a while before heading back to Vegas for the series.  Oh, and if anyone wants to live it my place in ATL super cheap for the first couple month of next year let me know, I'd like to hold on to it.

I will leave you with something I posted on another forum a while back, but is still rather interesting.  I think I'm in love with this girl, hopefully I'm rich enough / attractive enough to meet her low standards for men.  You should read the whole thing, it's worth it.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile.aspx?s=1&profile_id=22529849

- N O motherfuckin' T out

2 comments: